The term ‘Simply Ice Cream’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, whose registered office is:
Simply Ice Cream
The Nook Bonnington
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
At Simply Ice Cream, we are committed to protecting the personal data that we obtain.
- What information Simply Ice Cream may collect about you.
- How we will process the data relating to you that you provide to us (or that we may collect) when you visit our website www.simplyicecream.co.uk (the ‘Website’).
- Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else.
- Your choices and rights regarding the personal information you have provided to us.
Where we decide the purpose or means for the processing of the personal data that you provide via our Website, we are the “data controller”. As data controller, we will comply with all applicable data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
Our Website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. These websites operate fully independently from us, and we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third parties nor the availability of these external sites or resources. The appearance of such links on our Website is not an endorsement. Should you use any of these websites, such use is at your own risk and we would advise that you review their respective privacy policies.
What personal information are we likely to collect about you?
In order to provide our online sales services and other related business activities, we will need to collect and process information about you.
Information provided by you
When you use our Website, whether for browsing or streaming, to make an online purchase or to upload your own content, you may be asked to fill in forms to create your own account. We will ask you to provide us with the following information:
- your name
- your email address
- your username
- your password
If you decide to make a purchase, we will also need you to provide:
- your billing address
- your preferred postal delivery address (if applicable)
We may also obtain additional personal data, which could include special categories of personal data (i.e. personal data of a more sensitive nature), when you voluntarily supply information through our Website, such as via your product reviews, managing your own account or other free-text entries.
We are always trying to improve our Website and to offer the best, most accessible service possible to all of our customers.
To evaluate and make improvements, we utilise third party data analytics service providers (such as Google Analytics) to improve our visibility and to monitor website browser behaviour and navigation across the Website. These third party data analytics service providers collect this information on our behalf in accordance with our instructions and in line with their own privacy policies. We have contracts in place to protect the confidentiality of your information with all of our third party data analytics service providers.
When you visit our Website, our service providers may collect the following data, which will almost always be anonymised and aggregated before reporting back to us:
- number of visitors to our Website
- pages visited while at the Website and time spent per page
- page interaction information, such as scrolling, clicks and browsing methods
- websites where visitors have come from and where they go afterwards
- page response times and any download errors
- other technical information relating to end user device, such as IP address or browser plug-in
To find out more about how this data is collected, please read below about the use of analytics and cookies.
How do we use your personal data and on what basis?
When you visit our Website, whether to browse our content, to contact us about our services or make a purchase, we (or our third party service providers acting on our behalf) may use the personal information that you provide for the following purposes:
Providing our Products and Services
- entering into an agreement with you to provide our services or products
- logging and processing your order in our information systems
- providing physical delivery by couriers of products ordered online
Customer Services & Enquiries
- replying to your enquiries or responding to concerns or complaints
- providing you with information about the services we offer, including our e-newsletter important announcements about your account, updates about our services, or developments with our products or other promotional material (where you have opted to receive these)
If you contact us to make an enquiry or to raise a concern about our Website or any aspect of our online services, we aim to respond to you as promptly as possible and we do so on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in replying to you.
If you have asked to be added to our mailing list, we will provide your details to a third party company called MailChimp that helps us to produce and manage our newsletters. We provide these communications on the basis that you have asked to receive these. If you change your mind, you may opt-out at any time via the unsubscribe feature that appears in our emails or by emailing [email protected].
You may also be asked to opt in to receive updates or information about other similar services from our network of recommended suppliers or to receive promotional material, including vouchers or discount offers, from us or our suppliers.
We will not process your information for the purposes of marketing or pass your information on to third parties for the purposes of such marketing unless you give your consent or you have given it already.
Tax and other legal obligations
- reporting VAT and other company tax reporting purposes (as required by law)
- complying with regulators, law enforcement agencies or in relation to any claims that may arise
We process personal information for the legitimate interests and under the legal obligation of ensuring that use of the Website and e-shop (i) is lawful and non-fraudulent, (ii) does not disrupt the operation of our services, (iii) does not harass our staff or other individuals, and (iv) to enforce our legal rights and comply with our legal obligations.
In accordance with our legal obligations, we may disclose your information to the extent required by law which may include for financial accounting and taxation purposes with our auditors, regulators or other government bodies such as HMRC. We may also disclose your information to third parties in order to enforce or apply our contractual terms, to investigate potential breaches, to protect the rights and freedoms, property or safety of our business or those of our customers and other individuals.
Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any of the applicable laws, we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets, the information we hold may be included as part of that sale, in which case you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Site of any changes in ownership or use of your information, as any choices you may have regarding that information.
Analytics & Cookies
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies – These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
By using our Website, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/ .
How to control cookies?
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
You can block the download of cookies or remove/disable them (including the cookies we use) by altering the privacy settings on your web browser. You can find guidance on how to manage cookies through your browser settings here.
Our Website also uses Google Analytics and you can find out more here: How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.
To learn how to opt out of Google Analytics, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/or your Google Ads Settings.
- We process this information to understand how visitors use our Website and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity (for example, your IP address is used to approximate the country from which you access our Website, and we aggregate this information together so we know that, for example, most of the visitors to our Website come from England).
- This processing is crucial to the running of our online business and we therefore undertake such monitoring in the pursuit of our legitimate interests in improving our Website, and providing a better service and source of information to visitors.
This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you.
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy notice, please contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
All financial transactions via our e-shop are handled directly by our payment service providers. We will not share any personal information with these third party providers, nor will we receive any of the financial information that you provide to them. The payment providers which we use are PayPal and Stripe.
Do we share your personal information with anyone else?
Personnel, Suppliers and Subcontractors
By group company, we mean our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined with reference to the definitions of “holding undertaking” and “subsidiary undertaking” in section 1162 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will not pass your information on to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have provided your consent, in which event the advertisements that appear when you visit our Website will be targeted to provide you with more relevant advertising content and you may receive communications from third parties offering similar or related services to us.
Your choices and rights in relation to personal data which we process relating to you
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you. We aim to comply without undue delay, and within one month at the latest:
- to ask for a copy of data we are processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected;
- to ask us to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data;
- to request a machine readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another provider if you prefer; and
- to make a complaint to a data protection regulator. You may contact them at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
To make a request in relation to any of the aforementioned rights, please email us at [email protected].
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide any of your personal data to us. However, if you do not provide the personal information requested, we will not be able to provide you with the services that we offer.
If you are unhappy with the way that we are processing your personal data, please let us know. The best way to bring this to our attention is by emailing us at [email protected].
We will take commercially reasonable, appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk that could be encountered via the use of our Website and services, taking into account the likelihood and severity those risks might pose to the rights and freedoms of our customers and other individuals who might be impacted.
In particular, we will take precautions to protect against the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, or alteration, and unauthorised disclosure of or access to the personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by us.
Please be aware that, while we make the security of our Website and your personal information a high priority and we devote considerable time and resources to implementing and maintaining robust information technology security, no security system can prevent all security breaches. By choosing to share your personal information with us, you accept the aforesaid and provide your information at your own risk.
In accordance with data protection laws and good commercial practice, we do not retain data in a form that permits identification of the person(s) to whom it relates for any longer than is necessary. Once the purpose for which information has been collected has been fulfilled, we will either permanently delete your personal information or remove all identifiers within it so that it is no longer personal data. We may use such anonymised data for research and/or business analysis purposes.
Where you have provided us with personal information in order to set up an account with us, we will retain those details for as long as your account remains active. This means if you delete your account with us, we will delete your personal data associated with your account.
Where we obtain your personal data in relation to the use or purchase of our services or products, including VAT or invoicing information, we are obligated by law to keep this for a minimum of 6 years.
Where you upload any user generated content, such as demos and reviews or join interactive conversations hosted via our Website, this content will be kept on our servers (or those of our third party service providers) for 6 months from the date that you upload it on our Website and deleted thereafter unless otherwise notified.